ImgBurn is a light-weight program designed to burn CDs, DVDs, HD-DVDs and Blu-ray discs. This free software supports many file formats such as CUE, BIN, ISO, IMG, NRG, and features an ‘Advanced’ mode where users can edit the total layout of files and folders in the disc.
ImgBurn allows you to burn just about anything in a single and easy-to-use software. It is available as a free download for Windows, and supports a wide array of languages.
Although ImgBurn might look too simple, it gets its job done without the fuss and the complicated programs. Its easy-to-use interface is divided into five, namely:
- Read – Read a disc to an image file
- Build – Create an image file from files on your computer or network – or you can write the files directly to a disc
- Write – Write an image file to a disc
- Verify – Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
- Discovery – Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing
ImgBurn allows Audio CD’s to be burned from file types support by DirectShow or ACM, such as AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP3, WAV, OGG, WMA and others. You may also burn DVDs from a VIDEO_TS folder, HD-DVDs from a HVDVD_TS folder, and Blu-Ray discs from BDAV or BDMV folders. It supports all Windows operating systems, but it can also run on Linux if you are using Wine.
ImgBurn allows you to burn discs right after installation – without too many tweaks. And best of all, it is 100% free, although donations are happily accepted.