Brad Sucks: Out of It

Brad Sucks: Out of It

Download
1 Star
Loading ... Loading ...

REVIEW

Brad Sucks has been writing, recording & giving out his music free on the internet since 2001. He started with releasing singles widely ranging in style: from catchy up-tempo sort-of-dance like compositions through harder rock to more laid back songs. Within the next few years he has earned himself a steady and constantly growing fan base and became an internet celebrity of sorts. In 2003 he’s signed up with a progressive record label – Magnatune – and released his first album entitled “I Don’t Know What I’m Doing”. After playing some live shows, Brad went back to recording in 2008 and released his latest album “Out of It” in September.

UPDATE: Brad Sucks’ song “Dropping Out of School” was included on FrostWire FrostClick 2009 Compilation Album Volume 1 celebrating the first 1,000,000 downloads of 2009.

The self-produced debut 12 song set has been very well received and got a great deal of airplay around the world, especially in Australia, the UK and the Caribbean. As the album was getting more and more popular, the songs have been used in countless student films, remixed several hundred times (spawned two remix albums) and licensed in quite a few commercials.

Encouraged by the success, by 2005 Brad gathered together a band (enlisting a guitarist Rob Cosh, drummer Bruce Spence and bassist Richard Nash) to adopt his solo album to the stage and traveled around performing live for a while.

“Out of It” was a long awaited follow-up to Brad’s debut album. It was released in September 2008 and it immediately became a hit among his fans. The witty lyrics, hard-hitting drums and heavy guitars was exactly what they wanted. Even though he keeps calling himself “a one man band with no fans”, he probably has more fans that he realizes – he has more than 100,000 listens to his album on Jamendo, MySpace and more than 400,000 on LastFM.

There are some great hidden gems in this album package. The title track “Out of It” (track 9) features an Internet-orchestrated sing-a-long with recordings submitted by fans, followers and musicians, just like the music video for “Fake It” (track 3 – YouTube video below) was created out of footage submitted by YouTube users. Brad has included the lyrics to all his songs, so you can sing along with him. If that wouldn’t be enough, “Out of It” (just like “I Don’t Know What I’m Doing”) is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License, which means you can download, share & remix his music, as long as you provide him the appropriate credit and distribute your work under a similar license.

“Fake It” – Brad Sucks’ cliche music video made out of fan submitted footage

You can buy the album on Brad’s Website, or if you’ve already got it through here but would still like to contribute, you can: leave him a tip = donate via PayPal and get a Brad Sucks button, buy Brad a mood altering substance or get yourself a cool t-shirt.

Brad has recently decided to post one free song on his website every month, so make sure you check out his music often. And don’t forget to leave Brad & us a comment if you like the album! Enjoy!

Related Links:
Brad Sucks’ Website
Brad Sucks on Twitter
Brad Sucks on MySpace
Brad Sucks on Facebook
Brad Sucks on LastFM
Brad Sucks on Jamendo
Brad Sucks on FriendFeed

Creative Commons License

31 Responses to “Brad Sucks: Out of It”

1. March 17, 2009 at 6:48 pm, FrostClick said:

2. March 17, 2009 at 7:47 pm, Angel Leon said:

RT @FrostClick: Brad Sucks’ newest album “Out of It” is up on FrostWire’s welcome screen! -> http://bit.ly/1KrIrl

3. March 18, 2009 at 10:09 pm, Warden of Superjail! said:

Wow. These guys are GREAT! And I don’t say that about everyone!

4. March 18, 2009 at 6:09 pm, Warden of Superjail! said:

Wow. These guys are GREAT! And I don’t say that about everyone!

5. March 19, 2009 at 7:29 am, jeffrey said:

wow..theese is very great…first tyme ever in the history…

6. March 19, 2009 at 12:45 pm, Silas said:

I’m a very big fan of Brad Sucks, he rocks. I also bought both his Cd’s. If you like the music, you should do the same, just to show big record labels that you actually can make money out of giving your music away.

7. March 19, 2009 at 8:45 am, Silas said:

8. March 19, 2009 at 12:09 pm, Brad Sucks FrostWire’s Welcome Screen this week « FrostWire said:

[...] Sucks new album “Out of It” is the Frostclick Pick of this week for the FrostWire Welcome Screen. Definitively a must for your portable m3p [...]

9. March 21, 2009 at 1:12 pm, Bill Ragman said:

Hey u rock!!!

10. March 21, 2009 at 9:12 am, Bill Ragman said:

Hey u rock!!!

11. March 21, 2009 at 2:35 pm, FrostClick said:

Brad Sucks is still the hottest thing on Frostclick! – download your copy of this creative commons album -> http://is.gd/olnD

12. March 22, 2009 at 6:08 am, NAVO said:

i really like the performence , close litle bit to nervane isn’t it? special things always abvious !!

13. March 22, 2009 at 2:08 am, NAVO said:

14. March 24, 2009 at 3:41 am, Bradley said:

wow. my name is brad and i thought that my friend like put a screen thing up on my thing saying i suck. i was pissed haha

15. March 23, 2009 at 11:41 pm, Bradley said:

16. March 24, 2009 at 10:06 pm, bailey said:

dude this is awesome! id love to know your philosophy behind the free music. thats really something different = )

17. March 24, 2009 at 6:06 pm, bailey said:

18. March 26, 2009 at 10:01 am, wat_hav_we_b_com said:

I like free music. If you really want to support Brad, go to his shows, that’s where the money is for performers.

19. March 26, 2009 at 6:01 am, wat_hav_we_b_com said:

20. March 28, 2009 at 10:09 pm, Brad said:

you could just imagine the impression I got from opening frostwire and seeing Brad Sucks given that my name is Brad.

These songs are really good though!!

21. March 28, 2009 at 6:09 pm, Brad said:

These songs are really good though!!

22. April 09, 2009 at 4:50 am, zack said:

@Brad: lol yea it tripped me out cuz i jus made a play list on my itune for my friend brad nd it “brad sucks” lol and openin frost wire sein that reall tripped me out im thinkn how the hell did that get there

23. April 09, 2009 at 12:50 am, zack said:

24. April 21, 2009 at 1:11 am, Jeff said:

This chick in the filmclip is SOOOO HOT!!

Definately good tunes.

25. April 20, 2009 at 9:11 pm, Jeff said:

This chick in the filmclip is SOOOO HOT!!

Definately good tunes.

26. April 25, 2009 at 8:01 am, State Shirt - “This is Old” | FrostClick.com said:

[...] I’ve heard in a long time. Coming across this album by accident while looking for bands like Brad Sucks, it has quickly become one of my favorites this year with heavy rotation on my iPod. Ethan Tufts [...]

27. June 03, 2009 at 10:20 am, Angel Leon said:

fucking "Brad Sucks" is awesome (excuse my french but this dude rocks) http://bit.ly/mk34n #bradsucks #musicwednesday

28. June 03, 2009 at 10:20 am, Angel Leon said:

fucking “Brad Sucks” is awesome (excuse my french but this dude rocks) http://bit.ly/mk34n #bradsucks #musicwednesday

29. September 27, 2009 at 2:02 am, jeffrey said:

wow..theese is very great…first tyme ever in the history…

30. February 17, 2010 at 12:04 am, Música: Recomendaciones del Mes 3 « Abraham's Sci-Tech Blog said:

[...] artistas en tomar ventaja del movimiento de cultura libre, puedes ver un poco más de su historia aquí y bajar sus álbums en jamendo. En lo personal me gustan sus 2 álbums y me agradan las [...]