MalwareBytes is a free and easy-to-use anti-malware program which effectively scans your computer and removes malware & other malicious programs. It is also quite fast, as a quick scan only takes around 8 minutes.
MalwareBytes can also determine the difference between dangerous applications, as well as false positives. The software has been CNET’s Editors’ Choice in April 2009 and is available for Windows only at this time.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware can detect, clean, fix and prevent malware from destroying your computer as it uses various technologies that work together. It also has various features such as multiple drive scanning, and the option of scanning networked drives. It also has a scan-on-demand if you want to scan individual files, and has the FileAssassin feature which removes locked files.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware might just have one of the fast anti-malware quick scans there is, and one of the most effective malware removal functions that you can find for Windows.
On the other hand, the real-time protection, scheduled scanning and scheduled updating is only available for the full, paid version, but the free version is sufficient for occasional users. You just simply have to remember to scan your computer from time to time to keep your files protected from malicious files which can erase your data in a short time.
- Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
- Database updates released daily.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand