For some musicians making a music sheets by hand is quite a horror. How else can you perfectly draw those lines & notes, and then manage to understand it all afterward?
We’ve found just the perfect software for you. MuseScore allows you to input notes using mouse, keyboard or through a MIDI sequencer, and gives you the perfect looking music sheets each time. Best part for most musicians – it is a user-friendly, open-source and a FREE.
MuseScore is a cross platform open-source WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) music notation software under the GNU General Public License. You can choose to enter notes through a mouse or a keyboard, or choose to use MIDI for ease of use. Import MIDI files and they automatically get converted to music sheets. Not sure how it sounds? Expoert it to MIDI, too.
The binaries are available for Windows, Mac and Linux so all users can get a piece of this software, especially musicians and music enthusiasts.
Aside from noting music, it also supports Jack which allows you to connect a number of different software to an audio device, and let them share audio, too.
MuseScore is available in 20 languages, thanks to the contributors, so anybody could use this software without worries of not understanding anything.
Say goodbye to poorly-drawn or poorly noted music sheets. With MuseScore, your music would sound just like how you want it to sound.
- WYSIWYG, notes are entered on a “virtual note sheet”
- Unlimited number of staves
- Up to four voices per staff
- Easy and fast note entry with mouse, keyboard or MIDI
- Integrated sequencer and FluidSynth software synthesizer
- Import and export of MusicXML and Standard MIDI Files (SMF)
- Platform independent code, binaries available for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Available in 20 languages
- GNU GPL licensed
This work is licensed under a GNU General Public License.